Monday, September 20, 2010

Review: Seven Deadly Sins

Vital Stats

Seven Deadly Sins - AXP Flash Fiction Challenge #1

Contributors: Eileen Bell, Roxanne Felix, Tina Hunter, Billie Milholland
Genre: Fantasy
Release Date: March 7, 2009
Seven Deadly Sins is a short, but fun book. This was my first introduction to the concept of flash fiction and it was a good one. I began dabbling into the realm of flash fiction because of this book.
What's flash fiction? Simply put, it's a short story that's 1000 words or less. You can read it in a handful of minutes and get a complete story.
I've come across a lot of flash fiction since first reading this book that tried to be really intelligent and just comes across as pompous and pointless. I didn't find any of the stories of "Seven Deadly Sins" fell into that category. In fact, I enjoyed them all, a rare occurrence for me and any kind of collection.
My particular favourite story? Lust. The book is worth buying just for that story alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment