Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Four Quick and Dirty Reviews

I'm a little behind in my reviews, so here are four titles I've read recently!

ASPECT RATIO by Frances Pauli

SFR novel
Book Two of the Shift Happens series (stand alone, but I recommend you read Book 1 first)

Technically, this has been classed as a science fiction romance in several places. It isn't. It's a science fiction comedy.

It made me laugh when I was on vacation and having a crummy day.

What more could I ask from a book?


BE GOOD TO YOUR ELF by Elizabeth Coldwell

Contemporary Erotica (Christmas theme)
Short Story (about 3000 words)

Rather weird reading a Christmas tale in the dead of summer, but I've done weirder things.

This story had a sweet charm to it and never lost its sense of humour, right up to the end. Worth reading just for the poor heroine's face palm moment. You'll know it when you hit it.



CARNALLY EVER AFTER by Jackie Barbosa

Regency erotica (novella)

I really liked this story. It's not a deep historical foray into the Regency period or anything, but I don't think it's meant to be that.

My only complaint (and it's more about this genre, than this specific book) is the sex dialogue can get clumsy. It can get tedious having a man walk a woman through losing her virginity.

Still, if you're into Regency books, this is a descent one and worth both the price and the time investment to read.



SEVEN DEADLY SINS by Various

Flash Fiction Anthology
About 8000 words

This was a re-read for me. Still like it. The story, LUST, still has me laughing.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I have to get Frances' series you have here. It sounds like so much fun. glad to see you enjoyed it and a great time to smile too...on vacation. :) Hope you had a wonderful vacation. And thanks for sharing a little of these books with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There are times for a long foray into why a book is good or bad. Sometimes? It's just good to tell people the titles of books you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find a lot of erotica books take themselves way too seriously. The Elf book really was a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Rather weird reading a Christmas tale in the dead of summer, but I've done weirder things."

    LOL, Lori! I'm liking the sound of Be Good to Your Elf. I like a story with good humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these, but love the quick reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be Good to Your Elf sounds cute! I like these short mini reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candance - I'm thinking about doing a few more like this, whenever I get bogged down by wanting to highlight books but not having a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these quick reviews! Aspect Ratio sounds good. I'll have to try it when I'm in the mood for a good laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete